Kestrel DROP 2015 Backpacker Magazine Editor's Choice Award
Log it. View it. Share it. Know Your Conditions.
Kestrel DROPs are small, rugged, and accurate environmental data loggers. The Kestrel Drop D1 targets many markets, Transportation, Agriculture, Firefighting, Facilities Management, Medical, Pharmaceutical, Consumer and others.
Made in the USA quality standards and durability from NK, manufacturer of Kestrel Meters, the applications are endless. From measuring environmental data during cargo transport to conditions in the field for military training to monitoring climate conditions in any room, shipped box, cargo, trailer, freight container, to as simple as a room in home or office, you are able to measure all of these conditions even when you’re physically not there. Take a look at these options to attach your DROP right where you need it.
Built to Kestrel’s brand specific rugged durability standard, the Kestrel DROPs are waterproof (IP67 standard can be submersed in 1M of water for 30 minutes) and drop-tested to MIL-STD-810G. Users may set threshold alarms where an in-app pop-up will notify a user in range that certain measurement criteria have been met.
- View, chart, record and monitor your environmental conditions
- Real time, Wireless, Graphing functionality
- Access real time or chart the data via Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) on a smart device
- Log options: 2s, 5s, 10s, 20s, 30s, 1min, 2min, 5min, 10min, 20min, 30min, 1hr, 2hr, 6hr, 12hr
- Range of 100' for iPhone connection
- Bury it!
- Download the Kestrel Connect App directly from the iTunes App store or Google Play.
- Share real-time/logged data with Kestrel Connect app via email, text, and social media.
- Battery life of 6 mo - 1 year depending on user settings and logging
- Rugged Accurate Waterproof
- Humidity does NOT need to be calibrated over time
Agriculture (Bury It!)
We buried one 4" in clay soil and acquired the signal December – April. (We also buried at 10 and 40", not able to connect until I dug them up!!) Sprayed them off, replaced the battery, good as new! If someone wants to bury a DROP, we recommend the D1 as there are fewer openings for water penetration. Spec for DROPs are rated IP67 waterproof for 30 minutes; as long as they are not “submerged”. A user could always place one in a waterproof bag if they feared standing water for longer durations of time.
See The Kestrel Fire Weather DROP with added feature: Wet Bulb Temp (Psychrometric)
COMPARE DROP FEATURES
|MEASUREMENTS||DROP D1||DROP D2||DROP D2HS||DROP D2AG||DROP D3||DROP D3FW|
|Dew Point Temp.||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Heat Stress Index||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Station Pressure (Absolute Pressure)||✔||✔|
|Temperature Humidity Index (THI)||✔|
|Wet Bulb Temperature (Psychrometric)||✔|
|Color Available||Red, Blue, Tan||Red, Blue, Tan||Orange||Hi-Viz Green||Red, Blue, Tan||Orange|
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
iOS and Android Requirements:
iOS: iOS 6 installed iPhone 4s, iPad 3rd generation or iPod Touch 5th generation – or any later iOS or hardware configuration. Will not work on iPhone 4, 3GS on 3G or any earlier iPad or iPod generation.
Android: Android 4.2 and higher. Works with most Android devices with Bluetooth Smart®, including Samsung Galaxy, Nexus 4, Motorola Droid, and other recent generation phones and tablets.
Getting Data Logs off iOS Device: There are two ways to Export data off your smartphone / tablet device
- Directly from the Stats Page or
- Manage Logging from the Manage page
Data Points:DROP D1: Data Points: 13064
- Logging every 2 seconds - Fills up after 7.5 hours
- Logging every 10 minutes - Fills up after 90.7 days
- Logging every 2 hours - Fills up after 544 days
- Logging every 2 seconds - Fills up after 4.5 hours
- Logging every 10 minutes - Fills up after 56.7 days
- Logging every 2 hours - Fills up after 340 days.
- Logging every 2 seconds: Fills up after 3.4 hours
- Logging every 10 minutes - Fills up after 43.2 days
- Logging every 2 hours - Fills up after 259 days
Battery Life: The battery life will vary based on usage.
- For baseline conditions and settings*, the battery will last approximately 6 months. *Temp = 75°F, Logging Rate = 10 Minutes, Update Rate = 30 seconds.
Battery life will be reduced by:
- Colder conditions
- More frequent logging or update rates
- Downloads of large data logs (or firmware updates) are best completed with a fresh battery and in temperatures above 10°C / 50°F.
Kestrel DROP Additional Information
- Kestrel DROP Manual (PDF) Download Here
- Important Safety and Product Information (PDF)
- Kestrel DROP FAQ Sheet Download Here
- Kestrel DROP Certificate of Conformity Download Here
- Kestrel DROP NIST Calibration Click Here
- iOS 6 installed iPhone 4s, iPad 3rd generation or later
- Dimensions: 2.4 x 1.8 x 0.9 in. / 6 x 4.5 x 2.3 cm
- Weight: 1.2 Ounces / 34 Grams
- Model: Kestrel DROP Part # 0710TAN / 0710BLU / 0710RED
- Place of Origin: USA