Kestrel Meters Bluetooth Applications Simplify Weather Tracking
Kestrel Meters Bluetooth applications have simplified weather data tracking tasks by offering the same functionality as a Kestrel Meter, now available in the field through a real-time Bluetooth connection with an Android device or tablet. The Kestrel Meters Bluetooth Applications were developed through work with several fully-integrated software partners who specialize in creating highly functional yet extremely user-friendly Android apps that work seamlessly with Kestrel Meters. Through a real-time, easy to use Bluetooth connection, users can track weather data for a variety of purposes, including shooting, Haz Mat plume modeling and fire behavior and more, without having to carry multiple devices. By taking advantage of technology already available on a Bluetooth-enabled Android device or tablet, users can quickly download Kestrel Meters Bluetooth Applications and start accessing the data-enabled solutions they need, right at their fingertips.
Using Kestrel Meters Bluetooth applications gives those out in the field a chance to wirelessly transmit data and log critical information seamlessly between a handheld Kestrel meter and an Android device. Instead of manually transferring data from a Kestrel Meter to a PC or other device, Kestrel Meters Bluetooth applications wirelessly transmit real-time data through the latest Android app technology. You don’t have to sacrifice functionality when using Kestrel Meters Bluetooth applications – all apps are developed and tested on the Android platform, trusted and proven for being reliable and powerful. There are many new Kestrel Meters Bluetooth applications coming in the future, and the following are available for download now:
Applied Ballistics (Kestrel 4500 only)
State of the art ballistics solver by Bryan Litz, Applied Ballistics. Calculate accurate fire control solutions for long range rifle shooting. Accounts for all major and minor trajectory variables including the use of measured G7 BC's and even the option to use custom drag curves for specific bullets. Output is available in many formats including single shot 'HUD' view, table output, graph output, and the highly effective reticle output view, in which you can see a single shot or trajectory trace in the context of a specific scope reticle which responds to magnification adjustments and 'dialing on' elevation.
Ballistic calibration feature allows user to 'train' the software to match a specific rifle based on observed impacts at long range.
The Applied Ballistics Mobile app is a professional tool intended for the serious long range shooter.
- Firearm/ammo/target organized into savable profiles
- Bullet library with over 1,300 bullets to save you from having to look up BC information
- Custom drag curves (i.e. rather than using G1 or G7, Applied Ballistics has measured and developed specific drags for specific bullets, no other calculator does this)
- Support for multiple BCs at specified velocities (aka "stepped bcs")
- Sync your profiles to the cloud so you never have to worry about losing all of your data
- Load atmospherics based on GPS location and nearest weather station
- Load atmospherics via your Bluetooth-enabled Kestrel
WeatherBird version 1.0 for Android allows for real time data transfer from your Bluetooth enabled Kestrel device to your Android phone or tablet, thus negating the need of taking a computer with you in the field. You can manually request data by physically swiping the screen, or shaking the Android device (Optional) . Data can also be streamed periodically by Polling the device at a selected time interval.
Log files from your Kestrel device can be downloaded and graphed with respect to time on the Android device. Alternatively, the log files can be emailed in comma separated format (CSV) for further analysis on any computer. WeatherBird also allows for remote memory management of your Kestrel device. You can send a request to log the current data readings to the internal memory, and you can also clear the internal memory.
All of these features and more are available through a user friendly and robust graphical interface.
Current Supported Models: K4000, K4000 NV, K4100, K4200, K4250, K4300, K4500, K4500 NV
Blueforce Shared Weather Intelligence System
The Shared Weather Intelligence System by Blueforce measures a multitude of important weather telemetry that includes wet bulb globe temperature (WBGT) using a dry bulb (DB), globe temperature (GT), and relative humidity (RH) sensor. Wind speed and wind direction provide manned and unattended real-time awareness where plume intelligence is critical to life safety.
Readings from the Kestrel device are monitored in real-time using a free software plugin running with the Blueforce Tactical for Android (BTAC) product. The system automatically transmits readings via BTAC to any and all subscribed Blueforce users providing an additional layer of life safety to those who protect our cities and nation.
Supported Devices: Windows Mobile 5.x/6.x, Windows XP/Vista/7, Android 2.2, iOS
For more information, visit http://www.blueforcedev.com/
Bullet Flight L2
BulletFlight L2 - ballistic computer for Android.
This is for Level-2. There is also the more advanced Level-M (Military) version of this app which adds the ability to calculate an actual BC based on bullet drop, two velocities, or flight time. The ability to calculate bullet stability. Bullet spin drift is added to the computation, and the Coriolis effect (Earthâ€™s rotation) may be factored in.
Knight's Armament BulletFlight is a military-grade ballistic computer that provides quick solutions in the field. BulletFlight does not only output information in table format but rather dynamically gives you the solution you need now to make that shot. Current weather conditions including temperature, pressure, humidity, wind speed, and wind direction can be input, as well as angles to the target as measured by the built-in accelerometer. The app then provides highly detailed solutions out to 3000 meters. Your weapon profile includes your scope MOA/mRad per click, and hence when you provide a range to the target, the app will simply show how many clicks you need to change the scope by for that range and wind speed.
Hornady Ballistics (Kestrel 5500)
The Hornady Standard Ballistics Calculator App uses BCs (G1 or G7 ballistic coefficients) to calculate trajectory and is ideal for traditional hunting and varmint bullets at close to moderate distance.
**Update: Hornady and Kestrel announce the all new Hornady Kestrel 5700 Ballistics Weather Meter with integrated Hornady 4DOF. Combining complete onsite environmental measurements with Hornady 4DOF® trajectory solutions – this rugged all-in-one handheld unit delivers the convenience you want and the accuracy you need for long-range success under any conditions.
KestrelCrumbs (4000 series only)
KestrelCrumbs for Android transfers data from your Bluetooth enabled Kestrel device to your Android phone. Data downloaded to your phone can be viewed, transferred to PC, or shared with friends using external apps such as Twitter or gMail.
- download and organize Kestrel logged data and individual snapshots into folders (datasets)
- view and share individual samples in a dataset with external apps
- view and share statistics of a dataset (min / max / average) with external apps
- customize which measurements are displayed and shared with Filters
- export entire dataset as CSV to external storage (for transfer to PC) or via eMail attachment
- export sqlite database to external storage for manipulation via SQL using tools like sqlite3, SQLiteSpy or R.
- manually or automatically refresh data display from Kestrel (2s, 5s, 10s, 20s, 30s, 1min)
- manually or automatically save snapshots for any display refresh mode
- storage capacity limited only by available *internal* storage space
- Supported Devices: KestrelCrumbs for Android has been tested extensively on the 4500BT with firmware Iss 4.58. It is designed to work with all Bluetooth-enabled Kestrel devices including: Kestrel 4000, 4200, 4250, 4300, and 4500.
Mil-Dot Ballistics (Compatible with Kestrel DROP only)
Mil-Dot Ballistics combines fast range estimation with a full featured ballistics calculator that’s simple to use. Real-time calculations provide instant range estimation and ballistics calculation to get you on target fast. The simple interface allows for one handed operation and eliminates any need to manually type any measurements to range a target. Complete, detailed user manual for iPhone and iPad available at www.rangetimesoftware.com
- Kestrel DROP wireless data logger integration automatically updates atmospheric conditions.
- 3DOF point mass ballistics engine
- 249 mil, MOA and IPHY reticle designs, including reticles from Carl Zeiss, Nightforce Optics, Kahles, Vixen Sport Optics, Premier Reticles, Primary Arms, Schmidt and Bender, SWFA, U.S. Optics, and Vortex Optics.
- Two modes of Range input: Calculate range from target size and sub tension - allows you to estimate range to targets at unknown distances and Direct range input for known distance targets
- Real-time solution information
- Extensive bullet / cartridge library includes American Eagle, Barnes, Black Hills, Federal Fiocchi, Fusion, Hornady, Lapua, Norma, Nosler, Remington, Sellier & Bellow, and Winchester.
- Support for variable BC information
- Ballistics chart (Range, Elevation, Windage, Velocity, Time Of Flight, Energy)
- Ballistics graph (Elevation, Velocity, Energy)
- Reticle Drop Chart
- Adjusts for atmospheric conditions for current and zero conditions (Density Altitude or Altitude, Pressure, Temperature and Humidity)
- Get accurate local pressure using the barometer in iPhone 6 / 6 Plus
- Use GPS location to set current atmospheric conditions
- Fast range estimation
- Moving target lead calculation
- Correction for coriolis effect
- Correction for spin drift
- Optimum point blank zero calculation
- Point blank range calculation
- Configurable windage / elevation hold display (mils, MOA, IPHY, clicks)
- Target size presets
- Second focal plane scope support
- Fast windspeed / direction adjustment
- Three ways to input line of sight angle (Angle in degrees, Cosine of angle, Automatic using device accelerometer)
- Fast target speed adjustment
- Target speed presets
- Training mode (practice your range estimation skills)
- Point of impact indicator
- Bullet drop compensation display
Lex Talus Corporation (4000 series only)
The Field Firing Solutions software (FFS Delta series) has become the standard for real-time, long range ballistic solutions and support, computed on rugged hand-held devices for field use. The Delta IV-K software interfaces with the Kestrel 4000 BT series weather meters for on demand or continuous atmospheric and wind serial data which the software uses to automatically update its firing solutions.
Contact: Blaine Fields firstname.lastname@example.org
Shooter (4000 series only)
Shooter is a highly accurate ballistics calculator for the Android mobile platform (v1.6 and higher). Shooter's primary goal is to provide accurate shot solutions quickly and easily when in the field. This is done by utilizing a proven-accurate and fast ballistics solver coupled with an advanced, intuitive user interface supporting features like firearm and ammunition profiles (so you never have to enter the same data twice) and options to use your device's hardware (GPS, Accelerometer, Compass) to help you input shot-data both quickly and accurately.
Contact: Sean Kennedy, email@example.com
Crew Chief Pro 7.5 (Kestrel 4000 & 5000 Series)
Drag Racing: A 350 Mile Per Hour Math Problem -- Let us help you figure it out.
Crew Chief Pro 7.5 is the ultimate Drag Racing Software for use with sportsman and Nitro Pro racers. We will make your racing life easier than ever before. Speed, Accuracy, and knockout Graphics make using Crew Chief Pro 7.50 -- Fun! We have spared no expense on development. We invested in the best development language, hired the best and brightest consultants, and even consulted with Math Professors to find every improvement we could. We are relentless in our efforts to make our Crew Chief Software the best it could be.
Crew Chief Pro mathematically predicts performance based on changes in weather conditions, even including wind speed and wind direction for both 1/4 Mile and 1/8th Mile. We can compare and analyze runs, search, print reports and more.
We have "Finish Line Manager", which is a driver aid tool that will tell you how many feet from your opponent you should be at the 330ft, 660ft, and 1000ft timers! This will make your decision to take the stripe easier!
General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems
General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems provides the commercial off-the-shelf Automated Observation Systems (AOS). The AOS provides advanced meteorological sensor data ingest, display, and distribution to multiple customers on a worldwide basis. The system integrates data from multiple types of meteorological sensors, and presents the information in a logical format for operational users. AOS allows users to monitor real-time environmental conditions and provide critical information for both normal and extreme conditions.
- WMO-compliant METAR/SPECI/SYNOP observations
- Definable color-coded threshold values and visual/audible alerting
- Raw data archive in spreadsheet CSV format
- Graphical views allow the display of sensor data from current to up to 48 hours in the past
- 27 thermal parameters and indices computed and displayed
- Solar and lunar ephemeris data
- Formatted observation distribution: (S)FTP, RS232, Email, HTTP(S), or Iridium SBD Dial-up; Text, XML, or KML formats
- Raw data distribution: (S)FTP, RS232, or HTTP(S); AOS, XML, or KML formats
- Quake and NAL Iridium modem interfaces
- Supported Devices: Kestrel 4000, 4500, 4500NV
- Programs integrate with the Kestrel 4 Series units only
- Sandy Dye (805) 497-5492 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scott Van Horn (805) 497-5534 email@example.com
Ventus 1 from Downrange Systems
The Ventus 1 application for Android allows users to receive data from the Downrange Systems Ventus-RT or a Bluetooth-enabled Kestrel device. Downrange Systems has strived to create a simplified user interface that should fit most users’ needs.
- Receive pertinent information on one simplified screen
- User selectable refresh rate
- User selectable data unit display (application converts units no matter the Kestrel weather meter settings)
- Wind compass on screen displays the wind flow direction (compass arrow points the direction the wind is blowing, numerical display data depicts direction the wind is coming from)
- Maintains last connected device in memory, allowing quick connection to Kestrel or Downrange Systems Ventus RT
- Supported Devices: Kestrel 4000 Series devices (must be Bluetooth capable if using without Ventus RT System) with firmware Iss 4.53 or later. Android Phone or Tablet 2.2 or later.
Contact: Ronnie Wright, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sniper Calculator PRO
This ballistic calculator was designed to be a tool for recreational long range shooters, army snipers, police snipers, law enforcement officers, hunters and others. It helps shooters calculate hold overs and scope settings necessary for accurate long range shots. A log of fired fired shots is kept to make Data On Previous Engagements (DOPE) available for a later review. Software is designed to operate on an Android platform in portrait orientation only.
External ballistics is the part of the science of ballistics that deals with the behavior of a non-powered projectile in flight. External ballistics deals with the behavior of the bullet after it exits the barrel and before it hits the target, so it lies between transitional ballistics and terminal ballistics..
Current Supported Models: K4000 and Kestrel 5000 SeriesFeatures:
- G1 - G7 drag calculation functions
- Full external elements used in calculations
- Spin drift and Coriolis effects calculation
- Truing - Integrated MIL dot calculator
- Separate click values for Elevation and Windage
- Integrated range estimate tool - Log Book (DOPE)
- Kestrel Bluetooth integration
- Works in metric or imperial units
- MILDOT USArmy, MILDOT USMC, NightForce MOA reticles
Pendragon Forms (Compatible with Kestrel 5000 series and DROP)
Pendragon Forms is a rapid mobile development platform allowing organizations to efficiently create offline mobile data collection solutions.
Pendragon has established itself as a leader in mobile data solutions for 20 years. We work with various industries including agriculture, wildlife, forestry, warehouses, healthcare and medicine, state and federal agencies, among others. Pendragon has also been utilized by over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies for their mobile data collection needs. It is a perfect fit for those who need to capture data in remote locations or where WiFi is unavailable. Pendragon offers a platform for simple form creation, as well as advanced scripting options, and has built-in functionality for image capture and GPS. Pendragon also has the ability to integrate with central databases and offers a wide range of customization.
Our Kestrel integration allows you to design a form within minutes that connects to your Kestrel device (5000 series , DROP). With this integration, you can pull in weather readings to capture all critical field data in context and later sync to your central database. If needed, you can trigger alerts and events based on Kestrel environmental readings, perform calculations, or direct the user to follow up questions conditionally on the weather readings.
Pendragon Forms is offered as a monthly cloud solution or can be purchased as an On Premise solution. Our team also offers various levels of customization as it relates to form building, integration, and technical assistance. Sign up for a free 14 day trial today.
Ballistic: Advanced Edition (Compatible with 5000 Series and DROP)
Ballistic is a highly-accurate ballistic calculator and range companion. With its advanced capabilities, Ballistic can calculate for atmospheric conditions, Coriolis effect, gyroscopic spin, and more. It's also much more. With a vast library of nearly 5,000 projectiles and factory loads, rangefinder, range log, and head-up display, Ballistic is a complete mobile companion for hunting or at the range. TBallistic's world renowned JBM ballistics engine delivers the gold standard in calculations that other applications compare themselves to.
Advanced Edition Features:
- NEW: iPhone 6 internal barometer supported
- NEW: Kestrel K5 LiNK / Drop integration (in-app purchase)
- An advanced head-up display for mounted operation
- Advanced wind kit configurable for up to 8 wind sources
- Bryan Litz's custom G7 ballistic coefficients
- 3D Trajectory imaging for visualizing bullet path
- Mil-Dot ballistics head-up display
- World renowned JBM ballistics engine for the most precise, accurate calculations in the industry.
- Load Library: Nearly 5,000 commercial and military projectiles and factory loads from leading manufacturers or specify your own projectile properties. Includes latest commercial data and military coefficients established at Aberdeen Proving Grounds. Also includes Bryan Litz' advanced G7 ballistic coefficients and bullet lengths.
- iCloud Sync: Sync your favorites, optics profiles & range log to all of your other devices
- One-Touch Atmospheric Correction: Instantly adjust your calculations for zero or current atmosphere. Weather updated based on your current location (from a weather service), or enter your own atmospheric values.
- Advanced Wind Kit: Powerful tool enabling you to create complex wind configurations for up to eight different wind sources!
- Variable (Stepped) BCs: Includes many popular commercial projectiles from select manufacturers, for more precise calculations.
- Ballistic Charts: Display a chart of the current projectile including drop, energy, and velocity. Compare wind drift. Compare up to eight projectiles on the same chart. Zoom charts up to 300% and save a full size chart to your photo album.
nVisti Companion PRO (Compatible with Kestrel 4500 AB units with fw 4.93)
The nVisti Companion Pro (Android Only) is the perfect companion for your Kestrel 4500 Weather Meter with Applied Ballistics (K4500) or Kestrel 4500 Sportsman Weather Meter with BLUETOOTH. This app is NOT for usage with the K5700/Elite Devices.
- Single Target Engagement - Maximize the capability of your Applied Ballistics Kestrel by allowing it to directly measure the wind speed and direction and still easily view your shooting solution.
- Multi-Target Engagement - Prior to a stage, pre-compute all of your holds for the stage for up to 8 targets.
- Gun Profile Management - Upload, download, and manage all of your gun profiles. Full access to the Applied Ballistics G1, G7, and custom drag curve (Full AB model only - Not applicable to the 4500 Sportsman) library of bullets is available.
Strelok Pro (Kestrel 5000 series)
- 527 reticles supported!
- Powder temperature considering.
- Supports density altitude.
- Can calculate spin drift, gyroscopic stability factor and vertical deflection of crosswind.
- Can calculate Coriolis effect.
- Trajectory validation (truing) by speed or ballistic coefficient.
- Can measure incline angle with phone camera
- Can get current weather from internet
- You can store you data to Dropbox or Google drive for back up and sync between devices