Model & SKUs:
- Kestrel DROP D2 - Part #0720AGHVG
Livestock heat stress can cause serious health issues in your valuable livestock as well as reduced dairy and herd productivity. Stay informed of heat conditions in the barn or during transport with the Kestrel D2 Livestock Heat Stress Monitor. Multiple built-in environmental measurements mean your DROP D2 can also be used for many other agricultural applications including hay and feed storage areas and greenhouses.
Kestrel DROP D2 Livestock Heat Stress Monitor Overview
Kestrel DROP D2 Livestock Heat Stress Monitor Overview
The Kestrel Drop D2 Livestock Heat Stress Monitor is a very affordable rugged heat stress monitor that can be used in the barn, during transport, or anywhere livestock are housed. Simply hang in place wherever insight into conditions is needed, and access current conditions and historical readings with your iOS or Android device. Designed by Kestrel with input from some of the world's most respected experts in livestock heat stress, the Kestrel DROP D2 Livestock Heat Stress Monitor is designed to help you MEASURE and MANAGE your animals’ heat stress, ensuring you MAXIMIZE your bottom line.
- Direct readout of Temperature Humidity Index (THI) – a dairy cattle specific measurement that provides guidance for when heat stress will start to reduce milk production.
- Also measures heat stress index, temperature, humidity and dew point for application to many types of livestock and agricultural applications.
- The EASIEST and most accurate way to monitor and track environmental measurements critical to agriculture in almost any farm, home or transport location – wet or dry, indoors or out.
- Easily hangs inside a barn, transport vehicle or wherever livestock are housed.
- Horse shippers - monitor trailer temperatures and heat index from inside your truck! Know when to find shade or take a break to water your horses.
- View data wirelessly with Kestrel LiNK app, powered by Bluetooth® low energy, on mobile devices and computers when within 100’ of device. See, save and share data from multiple DROPs with just one phone or tablet.
- Store thousands of data points and get months of logging on a single coin-cell battery - customize logging rate, connections and alerts
- Android 4.3 and higher. Works with most Android devices with Bluetooth® low energy, including Samsung Galaxy, Nexus 4, Motorola, Android and other recent generation phones and tablets.
- iOS 6 installed iPhone 4s, iPad 3rd generation or later.
- Rugged (drop tested to MIL-STD-810G standards), dust and waterproof (sealed to IP67 standards).
- 5-year warranty.
Use a DROP Anywhere livestock are housed- Small, Accurate, Rugged and Waterproof
Each DROP measures just 1 x 1.8 x 2.4 inches (24 x 46 mm x 60 mm) and weighs just 1.2 ounces (34 grams). DROP loggers meet military and international standards for water, dust and shock resistance (IP-67 and MIL-STD-810G) and are conveniently equipped with a sturdy d-ring for hanging wherever needed.
DROPs Are Powered by the Kestrel LiNK App
Kestrel LiNK is the free app that powers the DROP loggers. With Kestrel LiNK on your smart phone or tablet, you can view real-time readings from any DROP logger within wireless range (up to 100’ or more line of sight) via Bluetooth® low energy. Each phone or tablet can connect to up to 8 DROP loggers at the same time and store data logs from many more. Min/Max/Average readings are clearly displayed and the data log is viewable as a scrolling graph with detailed data for each logged point. The Kestrel LiNK app also allows adjustment of the logging interval and other settings as well as real-time threshold alerts. Readings can be updated as frequently as every 2 seconds and logging time and date are automatically updated whenever connected to your smart device. You can also send and share real-time and logged environmental data via email, Facebook or Twitter
- iOS 6 installed iPhone 4s, iPad 3rd Generation, iPod Touch 5th Generation and above.
- Android 4.3 and higher. Works with most Android devices with Bluetooth® low energy, including Samsung Galaxy, Nexus 4, Motorola Droid and other recent generation phones and tablets.
- THI (Temperature-Humidity Index)
- Heat Index
- Dew Point Temperature
- One coin-cell battery
- Kestrel DROP Certificate of Conformity Measures THI
Who is Using?
- Poultry Producers
- Swine Producers
- Sheep Producers
- Goat Producers
- Beef Operations
- Dairy Producers
- Livestock Nutritionists
- Transportation Providers
- Bluetooth Smart (Wireless Technology)
- Data Logger
- Drop-Tested, MIL-STD-810G
- IP67 Waterproof
- Lightweight & Durable
FREE SHIPPING & RETURNS (on Meters) on orders over $50 in the USA. (USPS)
Free Return policy: Domestic meters can be ordered risk free for 30 days.
If you would like to return it, simply email us and we'll email you a return label. You will be responsible for packing, taping, and getting it to UPS or US mail service. The meter must contain the original box and all that comes with it or there will be a restocking fee of up to 15%.
We ship via USPS or UPS shipping. You may choose at checkout.
Shipping outside the USA will have these options with prices at checkout:
- First Class Mail for $10 on orders under $50 (intended for battery kits & screen protectors)
- Priority Mail International: $29 FLAT RATE (Limited Online Tracking)
- USPS Express Mail: $49 FLAT RATE (Global Online Tracking)
- UPS Expedited: 2-5 Business Days - Delivery by end of day
- UPS Express: 1-3 Business Days - Delivery by end of day
- UPS Saver: 1-3 Business Days - Delivery by end of day