Simple and compact, the Kestrel 1000 Handheld Wind Meter fits right in the palm of your hand and weighs a mere 2.29 ounces (65 grams). It's also extremely durable and completely waterproof, allowing you to measure wind speeds even in the harshest weather conditions. The Kestrel 1000 can easily be switched between mph, km/h, ft/min, m/s, knots and Beaufort.
Convenient and reliable, the Kestrel 1000 is the perfect tool for model plane pilots, kite boarders, and other outdoor enthusiasts who rely on accurate wind speed information. The Kestrel 1000 is the most common handheld wind instrument for a DZSO (Drop Zone Safety Officer). A hard slide-on protective case, lanyard, and lithium battery are included.
- Wind Speed
User Replaceable Impeller
Every Kestrel Meter features a large, 1" user replaceable impeller mounted on a sapphire jewel bearing, which means it starts rotating with the slightest puff of air. This patented impeller is user-replaceable by simply pushing it out with your thumbs, which means it can easily be replaced if it is damaged or worn. The measurements from the wind impeller are taken magnetically. The impeller is not glued or attached to the unit. Because every new impeller is calibrated in a custom wind tunnel at our USA based factory, if your application demands regular calibration, simply pop in a new impeller and the Kestrel Wind Meter is restored to like-new factory calibration standards.
For nearly 20 years on the portable weather meter market, the Kestrel 1000 is still one of the most reliable handheld weather meters.
The Kestrel Meter 1000 features
- Protective cover with sure-grip overmolding
- Data hold function
- Large easy-to-read display
- Patented user-replaceable impeller
- Wide range of wind speeds and low startup speed
- Reliable, portable, and easy to use
- All instruments and accessories are completely assembled in the USA
Winds can be measured on any Kestrel up to 135 mph. NK only guarantees the accuracy of the measurement to be within tolerance up to 89 mph. Also at those speeds, it is not recommend any prolonged exposure as it could damage the impeller at those speeds for any prolonged length of time. It is similar to being able to measure very hot temperatures outside of the spec range but do not do it for any extended time.
Kestrel Meter 1000 Specs & Tech
- Kestrel 1000 Instruction Manual (PDF)
- Important Safety and Product Information (PDF)
- Kestrel Meters Detailed Specs / Certificate of Conformity (All Meters, PDF)
- Kestrel Meters Catalog
- RoHS Compliance
- Dimensions: 4.8 x 1.7 x 0.7 in. / 122 x 42 x 18 mm
- Weight: 2.3 Ounces / 65 Grams
- Model: Kestrel 1000 Part # 0810
- Place of Origin: USA