Kestrel Meter 5000 Weather Meter
The Kestrel 5000 Pocket Weather Tracker is Kestrel's handled data logging weather meter. The Kestrel 5000 replaced the Kestrel 4000 in November of 2015.
Kestrel 5000 is only available in:
- Black: $259
- Black w/ Bluetooth LINK: $319
** The 5000 is the same as the 5500, but has NO WIND DIRECTION. If you need wind direction, check the Kestrel 5500.
What's new with the Kestrel 5000 over the Kestrel 4000 it replaced:
As for weather reading features, they will be the same. You won't get a 'better' temperature reading, wind reading, etc, or even more readings than available on the 4000... still the same quality USA made meter backed by a 5 year warranty. Don't feel the need to rush out and replace your old one, but.... there are some advantages that may or may not effect you.
- Bluetooth LINK work with PC/Mac via Dongle.
- Bluetooth LINK to Smartphones / Mobiel / Android / IOS
- Takes 1 AA battery (instead of 2 AAA)
- Battery door is in the back, sealed away from the motherboard, should your battery leak as was common with all the 4000 series. All 5000 battery doors are the same and interchangeable.
- Slightly larger and improved higher contrast / resolution screen for any lighting (even sunlight) and easy on your eyes.
- Intuitive user-interface screen navigation
- Multiple Languages (English, French, German, Spanish)
- Scratch and breakage-resistant window
- All meters include both options of Red (NV - Night Vision) & White backlights.
- Slightly bigger, more robust, though not really noticeable difference.
- Roughly 10,000 data points. 4000 series all had under 5000 data points.
The Kestrel 5000 Pocket Weather Meter is the baseline wind and weather meter in the Kestrel 5000 series. While the Kestrel 5000 Pocket Weather Meter is similar in wind and weather monitoring functions available with the Kestrel 3500 Wind Meter, it has the distinct advantage of data storage, graphing functions, and computer interface technology. It has the capacity to store up to 10,000 data points of weather data, enabling you to track changes in the environment over time, view these changes as graphs on your Kestrel 5000's display, and even upload the data to your PC or Mac. The Kestrel 5000 series is now available with Bluetooth LINK Technology, which allows you to communicate with your Kestrel at a range of up to 100 feet with your Android or iPhone, and maximize the battery life of your weather meter.
Each Bluetooth Meter includes custom communication software designed to quickly and easily configure your data transmission frequency, download logged data, graph data and transfer data to other applications.
As with all 5000 series Kestrel meters, they have both a white backlight, which is great for even daytime use, and a night-vision preserving backlight. The red night vision (NV) backlight incorporates optical filter to reduce overall brightness and minimize blue and green spectrum light to preserve night vision. (Note: This backlight appears soft greyish pink, not "red", and is still in the visible spectrum, so is not compatible with night-vision equipment.) Basically, with the red backlight, your eyes don't need to adjust when looking from your meter to the horizon in night time use.
The advantage the Kestrel 5000 provides to scientists, athletes, firefighters, automotive technicians, and agricultural specialists is immeasurable. With Kestrel 5000 technology, you will not only know the current weather conditions, but be able to track changes in the environment and therefore make predictions as to what may happen next.
The Kestrel Meter 5000 Includes
- Neck Lanyard
- AA Lithium Battery (Average Life 400 Hours)
- Protective Drawstring Pouch
- Certificate of Conformity (with complete specifications)
- Instruction Manual
- 5-Year Warranty
The Kestrel Meter 5000 Weather Meter measures/features
- Barometric pressure
- Pressure trend
- Relative humidity
- Heat stress index
- Dew point
- Wet bulb temperature
- Density altitude
- Wind chill
- Air, water, and snow temperature
- Current wind speed
- Average wind speed
- Maximum wind gust
- Waterproof and floats
- Easy to read, backlit screen with high resolution for even bright sunny conditions.
- Time and date
- Exterior temperature, humidity, and pressure sensors for fast and accurate readings
- Humidity sensor can soon be calibrated in the field via cable or Dongle.
- Minimum, maximum, and average values
- Automatically store measurements, even when the unit is turned off
- Manually store measurements with the press of a button
- Customizable data storage - 10,000 data points
- Graph and recall trends
- Customize screens to display user-selected measurements
- Data charting
- Data upload (with optional interface or Bluetooth)
- Five languages (English, French, Spanish, German, and Italian)
- User-replaceable impeller
- Flip-top impeller cover allows use of other functions while protecting the impeller
- US Patent Nos. 5,783,753 and 5,939,645 and 6,257,074
- All instruments and accessories are completely assembled in the USA
*We ship every Kestrel 5000 Series Meter exclusively with Made in the USA Energizer® Brand Ultimate Lithium AA batteries for improved reliability, capacity, cold-weather performance and weight. We strongly recommend that you use only Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries in your Kestrel Meter.
Kestrel Meter 5000 Additional Information
- Kestrel 5000 (PDF) Quick Start Guide English
- Kestrel 5000 Series (PDF) Certificates of Conformity English
- Kestrel LiNK Bluetooth Apps. Click Here
- iOS 6 installed iPhone 4s, iPad 3rd generation or later
- Dimensions: 5.0 x 1.8 x 1.1 in. / 12.7 x 4.5 x 2.8 cm
- Weight: 3.6 Ounces / 102 Grams
- Model: Kestrel 5000 Environmental Meter: Part # 0850BLK
- Model: Kestrel 5000 Environmental Meter with LiNK, Part # 0850LBLK
- Place of Origin: USA