LiNK Ballistics for iOS
Kestrel LiNK Ballistics for Apple
The free Kestrel LiNk Ballistics application is the perfect companion for your Kestrel Elite Weather Meter or Kestrel Sportsman Weather Meter with LiNK, powered by Bluetooth Smart.
This App. provides full gun management as well as access to the Applied Ballistics library of custom drag curves for transfer to the Kestrel. For the Kestrel Sportsman Weather Meter, remote control of your Kestrel is enabled engagement is enabled for PRS shooters and other competitive shooting.
- Single Target Engagement - Maximize the capability of your Applied Ballistics Kestrel by allowing it to directly measure the wind speed and direction and still easily view your shooting solution.
- Multi-Target Engagement - Prior to a stage, pre-compute all of you holds for the stage for up to 8 targets. (Elite model only).
- Gun Profile Management - upload, download, and manage all of your gun profiles. Full access to the Applies ballistics G1, G7, and custom drag curve (Elite model only) library of bullets is available.
Enabling Live Wind Capture:
- While in AB mode, highlight Wind.
- Press the top center (-) button to enter Wind Capture mode
- The label will change to "W>" to indicate that the Wind Capture mode is enabled.
- The moving 5-Decond average for windage and wind speed will be continually displayed on the wind line.
- The 5-Second rolling average wind measurement will be captured in Wind Speed 1 and the highest wind speed will be captured in Wind Speed 2. This allows you to accurately bracket the wind speed values as well as your shooting solution.
- When in Wind Capture mode and connected to the application, your windage holds will automatically update on your IOS device.