Kestrel Meters Battery Shim Replacement
The Kestrel Meters Battery Shim Replacement is used to replace lost or broken battery shim for your Kestrel 4500 Meters ONLY. The cost is $3.50 for shipping and handling. If you need more than one replacement, please give us a call so you don't get charged this shipping fee twice at checkout.
Part #: KMSHIM
How to Install Batteries and Shim
The magnetic signature in AAA batteries can influence compass readings. To prevent this, the Kestrel Weather Meter has a flexible plastic shim that slides in between the batteries.
- Insert the batteries in as shown on the back door.
- Insert shim between batteries with the clear tab out and folded over the end of the battery with the positive pole (the "bump").
- Press the tab down over the battery with the bump through the hole.
- Close the door tightly.
The only thing the shim does is prevent the batteries from moving during compass calibration. It has no effect on the software inside the unit.
FREE SHIPPING & RETURNS (on Meters) on orders over $50 in the USA. (USPS)
Free Return policy: Domestic meters can be ordered risk free for 30 days.
If you would like to return it, simply email us and we'll email you a return label. You will be responsible for packing, taping, and getting it to UPS or US mail service. The meter must contain the original box and all that comes with it or there will be a restocking fee of up to 15%.
We ship via USPS or UPS shipping. You may choose at checkout.
Shipping outside the USA will have these options with prices at checkout:
- First Class Mail for $10 on orders under $50 (intended for battery kits & screen protectors)
- Priority Mail International: $29 FLAT RATE (Limited Online Tracking)
- USPS Express Mail: $49 FLAT RATE (Global Online Tracking)
- UPS Expedited: 2-5 Business Days - Delivery by end of day
- UPS Express: 1-3 Business Days - Delivery by end of day
- UPS Saver: 1-3 Business Days - Delivery by end of day