Kestrel 4600 Heat Stress Meter
The Kestrel 4600 is revolutionary in size, cost and capability for those in need of measuring Heat Stress.
The Kestrel 4600 Heat Stress Meter with Compass provides two vital functions in one unit. Determine appropriate exposure to heat stress conditions for occupations with heavy gear requirements, such as HAZMAT response and firefighting, AND utilize wind speed and direction for plume prediction and modeling. Carry less equipment and get more accomplished quickly in emergency situations!
Kestrel Heat Stress meters with WBGT revolutionized the heat stress world with these small, accurate, handheld meters. The Kestrel 4600 offers protection to those are exposed to extreme conditions by providing real-time monitoring of indoor or outdoor conditions.
Used by Athletic Directors an coaches around the world. We've sold to many NFL teams who give us nothing but positive reviews.
Built tough enough to stand up to extreme hot and cold temperatures, the Kestrel 4600 is a rugged and easy-to-use handheld weather meter that monitors heat-related environmental conditions quickly with the touch of a button. Easy to program and incredibly reliable in the field, the meter generates highly accurate Wet Bulb Globe Temperature (WBGT) readings within a single portable, lightweight device that doesn’t require any water or a complicated set up to use.
The Kestrel 4600 is used to determine exposure to heat stress conditions within minutes of exposure to the environment. Users can activate and set up to six customized heat stress warning zone thresholds to trigger onscreen notifications of dangerous conditions. A valuable tool that can save a life out in the field or indoors in extremely hot and smoky conditions, the Kestrel 4600 Heat Stress Meter sounds an alarm when the WBGT reaches a desired threshold or when it enters into an unsafe range, allowing field personnel to get to safer conditions or to notify them to take a water break in order to avoid dehydration or other heat-related illnesses.
For emergency personnel and hazmat crews, having to wear heavy gear combined with the constant threat of fire, chemical blasts or combustive materials can all contribute to the risk of heat-related injuries, including heat stress, heat stroke and even death. Fortunately, these risks can be easily mitigated with consistent monitoring of heat-related environmental conditions. The Kestrel 4600 Heat Stress tracker is the perfect tool for the job, offering precise readings and several easy to use functions that provide data right at your fingertips. Easy to use and transport out in the field, the Kestrel 4600 Heat Stress Meter allows users to carry less equipment on the job while still getting all of the atmospheric data they need to properly assess conditions and monitor WBGT, the most common composite measurement used to determine exposure to heat stress conditions.
With the Kestrel 4600 Heat Stress instrument, firefighters, hazmat professionals, emergency services personnel and others who are risk of heat-related injuries due to exposures to extreme indoor and outdoor conditions can easily monitor conditions with real-time WBGT readings. The lightweight, durable heat stress meter also includes a digital compass, allowing users to monitor wind direction for plume prediction. The Kestrel 4600 Heat Stress Meter also comes with a compact (2.5 x 2.5 x 6 in.) padded carry case, and a portable vane mount that can be mounted on any tripod for hands-free monitoring. Bluetooth® enabled units can even transmit data to personnel inside a response vehicle.
Difference between Kestrel 4400 & 4600
These meters are very similar in function with 1 major difference worth noting.
- The 4600 has a build in digital compass, the 4400 does NOT. This has been very useful for Hazmat and military personnel around the world in reporting and analyzing incoming environmental factors.
Kestrel 4600 Measures (you can turn off what you don't want to use to keep it simple):
- Wind speed
Measures all of the parameters required for CAMEO/ ALOHA software and PEAC-WMD software by Aristatek to monitor plume dispersion
- Thermal Work Limit (TWL)
- Wet Bulb Globe Temperature ("WBGT")
- Wind chill
- Barometric pressure
- Relative humidity
- Heat stress index
- Wet bulb temperature
- Density altitude
- Wind direction
- Naturally aspirated wet bulb temperature
- Globe temperature
Kestrel 4600 Features:
- Clock & Calendar
- Easy-to-read backlit display
- Patented no tools user-friendly impeller
- Minimum and Maximum values
- Digital compass
- User-settable WBGT warning
- 1" Black globe
- Temperature-corrected humidity sensor
- Quick-response external temperature sensor
- Patented impeller and sensor technology
- Customizable automatic and manual data logger
- Data charting
- Data upload (with optional interface)
- Five languages (English, French, Spanish, German, and Italian)
- Flip-top impeller cover allows use of other functions while protecting the impeller
- US Patent Nos. 5,783,753 and 5,939,645 and 6,257,074
Every Kestrel 4600 Heat Stress Tracker includes:
- Batteries - 2 AAA (average life 400 hours)
- Kestrel Certificate of Conformity
- NOTE: Closeout models include the above, plus a neck lanyard, sturdy zippered carry case, and portable vane mount
Kestrel Meter Heat Index Reference Guide
Download Heat Index Reference Guide - Download Now (PDF)
*We ship every Kestrel 4000 Series Meter exclusively with Made in the USA Energizer® Brand Ultimate Lithium AAA batteries for improved reliability, capacity, cold-weather performance and weight. We strongly recommend that you use only Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries in your Kestrel Meter. If you choose to install alkaline batteries, we recommend that you do NOT store your Kestrel with these batteries installed, and that you check your batteries for leakage and corrosion a minimum of every 30 days. Damage due to leaking alkaline batteries is not covered under warranty.
Kestrel Meter Heat Stress Tracker Additional Information
- Kestrel Meter 4600 Heat Stress Tracker (PDF) Instructions English
- Kestrel Meters Detailed Specs / Certificate of Conformity (All Meters, PDF)
- Kestrel Meters Catalog (PDF)
- Kestrel Communicator Download for Bluetooth Model
- RoHS CERTIFICATE of Compliance
- Model: Kestrel 4600, Part # 0846 - CLOSEOUT!
- Model: Kestrel 4600 Bluetooth, Part # 0846B
- Model: Kestrel 4600 Night Vision, Part # 0846NVOLV / 0846NVTAN - CLOSEOUT!
- Model: Kestrel 4600 Bluetooth Night Vision, Part # 0846BNVOLV / 0846BNVTAN - CLOSEOUT!
- Place of Origin: USA