Kestrel Meter 4500 Weather Meter
DISCONTINUED IN 2015
The Kestrel 4500 is was discontinued in December 2015. Replaced by the Kestrel 5500. It has the same and some added functions along with some physical and connectivity improvements, like iOS capability.
Here is a VIDEO showing the 4000 series vs the new 5000 series
For Historical Reference, here is information on the discontinued Kestrel 4250
The Kestrel 4500 Pocket Weather Tracker was Kestrel's flagship meter. Capable of monitoring and reporting an exhaustive list of environmental parameters – from temperature to barometric pressure, dewpoint, wind chill, and more, the Kestrel 4500 was the most feature-rich pocket weather meter in the entire Kestrel catalog. Was also available with Bluetooth Technology, allowing you to communicate wirelessly and transmit and log your data automatically.
In addition to the Kestrel 4000's extensive list of capabilities, the Kestrel 4500 had these distinct monitoring functions:
- Digital Compass
- Wind Direction
- Headwind / Tailwind
These added features made the 4500 the Kestrel Meter of choice for military professionals, HAZMAT teams, and flight crews. Like all the pocket weather meters in the Kestrel 4000 series, the Kestrel 4500 was capable of storing and charting up to 1400 data points for later analysis.
With the Bluetooth model, the meter included custom communication software designed to quickly and easily configure your data transmission frequency, download logged data, graph data and transfer data to other applications. Bluetooth capable to communicate wirelessly at a range of up to 30-feet. It did NOT work with IOS.
For military professionals, the Olive Drab NV version of the Kestrel 4500 features a night-vision preserving backlight. The backlight incorporates optical filter to reduce overall brightness and minimize blue and green spectrum light to preserve night vision. (Note: This backlight appears soft greyish pink, not "red", and is still in the visible spectrum, so is not compatible with night-vision equipment.) The NV light was designed for optimal performance in low-light conditions.
Weekend shooters and military snipers alike have been calling for a Kestrel Meter with crosswind calculation for years — and the Kestrel 4500 meets that demand completely. The elite Kestrel 4500 has the most complete list of features in the entire Kestrel Meter family, with the only absent elements from the 4000 series being the airflow and humidity ratio measurements available with the Kestrel 4200 Air Flow Tracker.
The Kestrel Meter 4500 Weather Meter measures/features
- Heading (true & magnetic)
- Wind direction
- Pressure trend
- Barometric pressure
- Wet bulb temperature
- Relative humidity in %
- Heat stress index
- Density altitude
- Wind chill
- Air, water, and snow temperature °F or °C
- Current, average, and maximum air velocity
- Time and date
- Easy- to-read backlit display
- Data Logger (automatic and manual)
- Customizable data storage - 2900 data points
- Minimum, Maximum and Average values
- Multi-Function 3-line display
- Humidity sensor can be recalibrated in the field with our Relative Humidity Calibration Kit.
- Exterior temperature, humidity, and pressure sensors for fast and accurate readings
- Customize screens to display user-selected measurements
- Graph and recall trends
- User-replaceable impeller
- Flip-top impeller cover allows use of other functions while protecting the impeller
- Data charting
- Upload to a computer (with optional interface)
- Five languages (English, French, Spanish, German, and Italian)
- US Patent Nos. 5,783,753 and 5,939,645 and 6,257,074
- Assembled in the USA
Kestrel Meter 4500 Includes
- Soft carry pouch
- Neck lanyard
- Batteries - 2 AAA*
- Sold for $299 Non Bluetooth, $399 with Bluetooth NV
- Was available in Yellow, Olive Drab, or Tan
- Discontinued in December 2015
*We ship every Kestrel 4000 Series Meter exclusively with Made in the USA Energizer® Brand Ultimate Lithium AAA batteries for improved reliability, capacity, cold-weather performance and weight. We strongly recommend that you use only Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries in your Kestrel Meter. If you choose to install alkaline batteries, we recommend that you do NOT store your Kestrel with these batteries installed, and that you check your batteries for leakage and corrosion a minimum of every 30 days. Damage due to leaking alkaline batteries is not covered under warranty.
Kestrel Meter 4500 Additional Information
- Kestrel 4500 (PDF) Instruction Manual English | French | Spanish | German | Italian
- Kestrel Meters Detailed Specs / Certificate of Conformity (All Meters, PDF)
- Kestrel Meters Catalog (PDF)
- Kestrel Communicator Download for Bluetooth Model
- RoHS CERTIFICATE of Compliance
- Dimensions: 5.0 x 1.8 x 1.1 in. / 12.7 x 4.5 x 2.8 cm
- Weight: 3.6 Ounces / 102 Grams
- Model: Kestrel 4500, Part # 0845
- Model: Kestrel 4500 Bluetooth, Part # 0845B
- Model: Kestrel 4500 Night Vision, Part # 0845NVOLV / 0845NVTAN
- Model: Kestrel 4500 Bluetooth Night Vision, Part # 0845BNVOLV / 0845BNVTAN
- Place of Origin: USA