Kestrel Meter 3500 Weather Meter
The Kestrel 3500 Weather Meter was designed as a full weather meter without the ability to capture and store data as with the next level up with the Kestrel 5000. Depending on your budget, the 5000 at just a little more in price is something to consider with a much brighter screen with the newest technology, including an RH that does not need to be calibrated.
The Kestrel 3500 measures temperature, wind speeds, barometric phenomena, pressure trends of up to 3 hours, and more. The Kestrel 3500 provides a complete range of weather measurements, but does not log accumulated data like the more high-tech weather meters of the Kestrel 5000 series. For those who need a full reading of only the latest weather information, the 3500 is the ideal Kestrel Meter.
A quick compare chart of the basic models shows you the quick differences.
The Kestrel 3500 Weather Meter has all the capabilities of the Kestrel 3000, plus:
- Barometric Pressure
- Barometric Trend
In addition to the Kestrel 3500's pressure trend indicator, it also has the advantage of altitude and barometric pressure measurement. With these features on hand at any time, the Kestrel 3500 becomes an ideal weather instrument for outdoor enthusiasts, sportsmen and women, and anyone else that will benefit from accurate and up to the second weather and barometric information.
The Barometric Trend feature is not quite the graph of the Kestrel 4000 series, but rather an arrow indicator. The arrow will indicate the trend of the previous 3 hours even if the meter was off. If the batteries are changed, the arrow will show just the current trend, not historical.
For military, or just those using it at night a lot, the Olive Drab NV version of the Kestrel 3500 features a night-vision preserving backlight. Backlight incorporates optical filter to reduce overall brightness and minimize blue and green spectrum light to preserve night vision. (Note: This backlight appears soft greyish pink, not "red", and is still in the visible spectrum, so is not compatible with night-vision equipment.)
The Kestrel 3500's easy to use menu system scrolls through 9 different environmental measurement conditions. It has an external temperature sensor with a waterproof casing that allows you to gauge the temperature of water, snow, and the open air. The sensitive and user-replaceable impeller technology provides accurate wind speed info, and a hard slide-on case, lanyard, and battery are included.
The Kestrel Meter 3500 Weather Meter measures/features
- Barometric pressure
- Relative humidity
- Heat stress index
- Wet bulb temperature
- Wind chill
- Air, water, and snow temperature
- Current wind speed
- Average wind speed
- Maximum wind gust
- Real-time clock
- Waterproof and floats
- Large easy-to-read display with backlight
- Data hold function
- High precision pressure sensor
- Quick response, external thermistor
- Forecast weather with pressure trend indicator
- Humidity sensor can be recalibrated in the field with our Relative Humidity Calibration Kit.
- Innovative, thermally adjusted humidity sensordesigned for stability and accuracy in abrupt condition changes
- Patented user-replaceable impeller
- Reliable, portable and easy to use
- Protective cover with sure-grip overmolding
- All instruments and accessories are completely assembled in the USA
Kestrel Meter 3500 Includes
- A slip-on protective cover
- CR2032 coin cell battery (Average life 300 hours)
Kestrel Meter 3500 Videos
Unboxing the Kestrel 3500
Kestrel Meter 3500 Additional Information
- Kestrel 3500 (PDF) Instruction Manual English
- Kestrel 3500 Archived (PDF) Instruction Manual English | French | Spanish | German | Italian
- Kestrel Meters Detailed Specs / Certificate of Conformity (All Meters, PDF)
- Kestrel Meters Catalog (PDF)
- RoHS CERTIFICATE of Compliance
- Dimensions: 4.8 x 1.7 x 0.7 in. / 122 x 42 x 18 mm
- Weight: 2.3 Ounces / 65 Grams
- Model: Kestrel 3500 Part # 0835 / 0835NV