Summary of the AG Livestock Pro Environmental Monitoring Pack
Included in this bundle:
- One (1) Kestrel 5000AG Livestock Environmental Meter with LiNK
- Two (2) Kestrel DROP D2AG Livestock Heat Stress Monitors
Livestock health is a priority for everyone involved in livestock production. Many of our customers shared the need for both a Kestrel meter and DROPs when managing their herd or managing their client's needs. We listened and are now offering our AG Livestock Pro Environmental Monitoring Pack!
All livestock professionals can benefit from knowledge of accurate micro-climate data at their site:
- AG engineers use the 5000AG Livestock Environmental Meter to complete ventilation assessments
- Livestock professionals rely on the DROPs for tracking ongoing conditions over extended periods of time in multiple locations
- Veterinarians trust the Kestrel 5000AG for site inspections and use the historical data from DROPs left in locations to prepare reports supporting their recommendations
- Livestock consultants, advisers and researchers set up DROPs in areas of interest while performing evaluations and creating data-backed recommendations
Also Available: The AG Livestock DROP Environmental Monitoring Pack, made up of three (3) Kestrel DROP D2AG data loggers.
Kestrel 5000AG Livestock Environmental Meter Overview
The Kestrel 5000AG is designed to meet the needs of livestock, agriculture and animal health professionals. Producers, growers, veterinarians, and consultants in every field of agriculture will gain vital information regarding micro-climate conditions needed to maximize performance and profitability. This lightweight, handheld, multi-function meter can be used inside and out for spot measurement of current conditions and also tracks and logs over 10,000 sets of time-stamped data. Clip the Kestrel 5000AG into the custom Kestrel 5 Series Rotating Vane Mount and you have a sturdy weather station that can be left in place for days or weeks.
Heat Stress Management with THI:
THI, (Temperature-Humidity Index) has been used for decades as a measure to classify heat stress risk in many livestock production and transportation operations. This measurement includes both temperature and relative humidity and is a basis for both strategic and tactical management practices which benefit animal health, productivity and well-being. The Kestrel 5000AG calculates and logs on-site THI based on user selection of either the NRC(National Research Council, 1971) or Yousef(Yousef, 1985) accepted THI calculations. Objective and accurate site-specific measurements are critical to ensuring a heat stress management strategy that is cost effective; and they're at your fingertips with the 5000AG.
Barn / Housing Ventilation Assessments:
Regardless of the type of barn/house design all livestock require proper ventilation and air movement to maximize health, growth, and comfort. The Kestrel 5000AG provides air speed and air flow measurements to quickly quantify air movement in the vicinity of livestock, locate drafts, measure fan effectiveness and confirm duct discharge velocity. Volume air flow takes duct shape and dimensions into account and allows for accurate comparison of various locations in a system. No calculator is needed to determine airflow with the Kestrel 5000AG – a few quick menu picks and built-in averaging gives you accurate readings instantly.
Microclimate, Harvest and Storage Conditions:
Many livestock professionals also grow and store grains, hay and other feedstuffs. The Kestrel 5000AG can measure micro-climates around the farm to determine where mold and disease may be a problem, ensuring conditions are right for harvesting, drying, and storage. Leave the Kestrel 5000AG in place anywhere in th field, barn or greenhouse to get a graphical history of overnight conditions, (the Kestrel 5 Series Rotating Vane Mount and a ¼-20 camera clamp or tripod makes it easy).
Choose Kestrel LiNK Option to Add the Power of Apps:
LiNK is Kestrel’s wireless data communication system, powered by Bluetooth® low energy. Choose the Kestrel 5000AG with LiNK option and you get full iOS, Android, PC and Mac app support. See real-time readings on your phone or tablet on a customizable dashboard up to 100’ away (line of sight). Download stored data from your Kestrel to save or share it. Plus, you can update the firmware on your Kestrel when improvements are released.
Learn more about LiNK and LiNK Apps:
Simple communication to Windows and Mac computers is provided through the optional LiNK USB Dongle or USB Data Transfer Cable. Download your data to view, analyze and archive. Enables firmware update of Kestrel 5 series meters.
Note: Bluetooth® low energy is built into all recent iOS and Android devices. PC and Mac connectivity require purchase of a Kestrel LiNK USB Dongle. Non-LiNK units can be connected to PC’s and Mac’s, but NOT phones and tablets, using the Kestrel USB Data Cable.
Built for Farm Use:
- Rugged (drop tested to MIL-STD-810G standards – 10 drops from 4’).
- Waterproof and dustproof (sealed to IP67 standards – 30’ submersion to 3’).
- Small – carry in your pocket or store in your glove box.
- High visibility case to avoid loss.
- Large, hi-res, hi-contrast, graphic display is perfectly readable in the brightest sunlight and is backlit for use in low-light conditions.
- Airflow impeller can be field-replaced without tools if damaged – patented!
- Protective pouch, neck lanyard and Lithium AA battery included.
- 5-year warranty.
- Handheld, portable, data logger with on-screen graphing and measurement statistics.
- Optional LiNK connectivity powered by Bluetooth® low energy provides wireless communication to mobile devices and computers.
- Kestrel COC regarding accuracy of measurements
Kestrels have been put to the test in some of the harshest conditions on the planet. U.S. Special Forces, combat weather teams, wildland firefighters, smoke jumpers, Mt. Everest expeditions and auto pit crews are just a few who rely on a Kestrel to provide them with the crucial environmental data they need. Veterinarians have been purchasing Kestrel meters for years, knowing they will provide the readings they need immediately and reliably. Farmers know a Kestrel meter can help them avoid property damage, reduce livestock losses, and maximize productivity. Shouldn’t YOU be working with Kestrel?
Accessories Expand the Kestrel 5000AG’s Utility:
A range of carry case options makes it even easier to take your Kestrel meter with you.
A Kestrel 5 Series Rotating Vane Mount makes it easy to set up your Kestrel as a temporary on-site weather station for conditions monitoring for days or weeks. Add a Kestrel Collapsible Tripod or Kestrel Portable Mini Tripod for even more flexibility.
- Air Flow
- Air Speed
- Barometric Pressure
- Density Altitude
- Dew Point Temperature
- Heat Stress Index
- Relative Humidity
- Station Pressure (Absolute Pressure)
- Wet Bulb Temperature (Psychrometric)
- Wind Chill
Who's Using the Kestrel 5000AG Agriculture Environmental Meter:
- Dairy Producers
- Cattle Ranchers
- Poultry Growers
- Swine Operations
- Livestock Transporters
- Livestock Processors
- Ag Consultants
- Facility Managers
- Facility Inspectors
Models & SKUs:
- Kestrel 5000AG Livestock Environmental Meter: 0850AGHVG
- Kestrel 5000AG Livestock Environmental Meter with LiNK: 0850AGLHVG
- Neck Lanyard
- AA Lithium Battery (Average Life 400 Hours)
- Protective Drawstring Pouch
- Instruction Manual
- Five Year Warranty
- Tips for Taking Accurate Measurements