The RH (calibrate humidity sensor) calibration kit includes the following items:
- Three clear, sealable containers
- One container with magnesium chloride salt
- One container with sodium chloride salt
- An insulated carrying case to hold all of the above and maintain a stable environment while performing calibration
- For use with: All 5000 series Kestrel meters, all discontinued 4000 Series Kestrel Meters, the Kestrel 3500, and Kestrel 3000
This Calibration Kit allows you to perform dozens of recalibrations in the field, to ensure that your Kestrel is always performing within specifications. In fact, if using distilled water, you can calibrate an indefinite number of times.
The manual explains in detail all of the steps for recalibrating your Kestrel. This process will take a couple days, including setup and calibration.
Previous instructions required you to prepare the salt mixtures and then put the Kestrels into the container and run the routine. You must now allow the Kestrel sit in the container for 24 hours before running the first calibration routine.
After the first calibration routine is completed, you need to allow the Kestrel to soak in the second container for another 24 hours before performing the second part of the calibration routine. This will ensure the humidity levels are adequate and the customer should get much better results in the field, as we have found through testing. We do not recommend doing more than 1 unit in the container at a given time.
Kestrel Calibration Kit Additional Information
- Kestrel Calibration Kit Instructions (PDF)
- Weight 1.5 lbs / 680 grams
- Part # 0802
- Place of Origin: USA