Kestrel 5400AG Cattle Heat Stress Tracker with LiNK + Vane Mount
Models & SKUs:
- Kestrel 5400 Cattle Heat Stress Tracker: 0854AGLVCHVG
Don’t let cattle heat stress reduce your herd performance and cost you money. Implement an effective management plan based on objective and accurate THI, HLI and AHLU measurements at the pen level with Kestrel. Rugged hand-held meter can also be mounted with included hardware for longer term monitoring of heat events.
The Kestrel 5400 Cattle Heat Stress Tracker offers micro-climate measurement and monitoring at the pen or yard location. Contains a built-in Globe Temperature sensor and complete cattle-specific calculations. Measure THI and HLI and track AHLU based on easy-to-input herd and pen parameters. Perform spot checks or mount in place with the included vane mount accessory to track AHLU for months. LiNK capability allows remote access to current and logged data from your iOS or Android mobile device. Mount a mobile data equipped tablet nearby to send mobile alerts even when you’re not on-site. Designed by Kestrel with input from some of the world’s most respected experts in cattle heat stress, the Kestrel 5400 Cattle Heat Stress Tracker is designed to help you MEASURE and MANAGE your herd’s heat stress, ensuring you MAXIMIZE your bottom line.
- Heat Load Index (HLI), Temperature-Humidity Index (THI), Accumulated Heat Load Units (AHLU), Wet Bulb Globe Temperature (WBGT), heat index, Delta T, temperature, humidity and much more. 21 measurements in all!
- Complete weather station capabilities with a comprehensive suite of weather measurements including wind speed, direction, pressure trend, temperature and humidity.
- Durable, portable, and easy to use data logger with customizable category settings, graphing and measurement statistics.
- Large, hi-res, hi-contrast, graphic display is perfectly readable in the brightest sunlight and is backlit for use in low-light conditions.
- LiNK connectivity powered by Bluetooth LE® provides wireless communication to mobile devices and computers.
- Rugged (drop tested to MIL-STD-810G standards), dust and waterproof (sealed to IP67 standards).
- Included Kestrel Vane Mount easily attaches to fencing.
- Protective pouch, neck lanyard and Lithium AA battery included.
- 5-year warranty.
- Temperature Humidity Index (THI)
- Heat Load Index (HLI)
- Accumulated Heat Load Units (AHLU)
- Barometric Pressure
- Density Altitude
- Delta T
- Dew Point Temperature (Psychrometric)
- Globe Temperature
- Heat Stress Index
- Naturally Aspirated Wet Bulb Temperature
- Relative Humidity
- Station Pressure (Absolute Pressure)
- Wet Bulb Globe Temperature (WBGT)
- Wet Bulb Temperature (Psychrometric)
- Wind Chill
- Wind Speed
- Feedlots/Feed yards
- Cow-Calf Operators
- Backgrounding Operations
- Dairy Producers
- Livestock Nutritionists
- Transportation Providers
Works with Compatible Apps:
Kestrel LiNK for Windows
Simple communication to Windows and Mac computers is provided through the optional LiNK .USB Dongle or USB Data Transfer Cable. Download your data to view, analyze and archive. Enables firmware update of Kestrel 5 series meters.
Kestrel LiNK for iOS & Android
Wirelessly connect with iOS and Android devices. When in range, view real-time measurements, receive on-screen alerts and download your data. Logged data can be viewed, analyzed, archived and shared via e-mail, Facebook and Twitter. Enables firmware update of Kestrel 5 series meters. NOTE: Range up to 100’ line of sight – reduced by walls and obstructions.
- Kestrel Vane Mount
- Neck Lanyard
- AA Lithium Battery (Average Life 400 Hours)
- Protective Drawstring Pouch
- Certificate of Conformity (with complete specifications) Measures THI and HLI and track AHLU
- Instruction Manual
- Five Year Warranty
Kestrel Meter 5400 Additional Information
- Kestrel 5400 (PDF) Quick Start Guide English
- Kestrel 5400 Series (PDF) Certificates of Conformity English
- Kestrel LiNK Bluetooth Apps. Click Here
- Kestrel Heat Stress Reference Guide Fahrenheit Click Here
- Kestrel Heat Stress Reference Guide Celsius Click Here
- iOS 6 installed iPhone 4s, iPad 3rd generation or later
- Dimensions: 5.0 x 1.8 x 1.1 in. / 12.7 x 4.5 x 2.8 cm
- Weight: 3.9 Ounces / 102 Grams
- Model: Kestrel 5400 Heat Stress Tracker (Orange): Part # 0854ORA
- Model: Kestrel 5400 Heat Stress Tracker (Tan): Part # 0854TAN
- Model: Kestrel 5400 Heat Stress Tracker + Vane Mount (Orange): Part # 0854VCORA
- Model: Kestrel 5400 Heat Stress Tracker + Vane Mount (Tan): Part # 0854VTAN
- Model: Kestrel 5400 Heat Stress Tracker Pro with Compass and LiNK + Vane Mount (Orange): Part # 0854LVCORA
- Model: Kestrel 5400 Heat Stress Tracker Pro with Compass and LiNK + Vane Mount (Tan): Part # 0854LVCTAN
- Place of Origin: USA