Kestrel Meter 5200 Professional Environmental Meter
The Kestrel 5200 Pocket Weather Meter is Kestrel's Professional meter with the intended markets of construction, pouring concrete, balancing HVAC systems, and spraying crops. It gives quick calculations for your job with integrated specialty calculations. With the new LINK technology, you can get readings right to your smartphone up to 100 feet away!
Kestrel 5200 available in:
- High Viz Green: $269
- High Viz Green with LINK (Bluetooth): $329
The Kestrel 5200 upgraded and combined functions from the Kestrel 4250 & Kestrel 4300 in November of 2015.
What's new with the Kestrel 5200 over the previous Kestrel 4250 & 4300 series:
- Bluetooth LINK work with PC/Mac via Dongle
- Bluetooth LINK to Smartphones / Mobiel / Android / IOS
- Takes 1 AA battery (instead of 2 AAA)
- Battery door is in the back, sealed away from the motherboard, should your battery leak as was common with all the 4000 series
- Improved high resolution screen for any lighting (even sunlight) and easy on your eyes.
- Intuitive user-interface screen navigation
- Multiple Languages: English, French, German, Spanish
- Scratch and breakage-resistant window
- All meters include both options of Red (NV - Night Vision) & White backlights.
- Slightly bigger, not really noticeable difference
- Roughly 10,000 data points.
The Kestrel 5200 has these distinct monitoring functions over the other 5000 series:
- Measures evaporation rate: lb/ft2/hr / kg/m2/hr
- Air Flow: CFM, m3/hr, m3/m, m3/s, L/s
- Delta T
- Relative Air Density:
- Air Density: lb/ft3, kg/m3
These added features make the 5200 the choice of farmers, construction, and HVAC.
Delta T allows you to accurately assess acceptable spraying conditions to ensure you're within guidelines and help you select the right spray nozzle. The Kestrel 5200 calculates and logs on-site Delta T without any additional user input. Based upon ambient temperature and dew point, Delta-T provides guidance on the evaporation rate of sprayed chemicals. When combined with the Kestrel 5200’s average wind and max wind gust measurements, agriculture professionals can ensure they spray safely, every time. Use an accessory carry pouch to keep your Kestrel handy on your belt, ready to go before any spraying operations.
Farmers need a host of other environmental measurements, all of which are at the tips of your fingers with a Kestrel 5200. Use the volume air flow measurement to assess barn ventilation systems. Monitor temperature, humidity and heat index to ensure your animal facilities and feed mixtures are set up for maximum productivity. Measure micro-climates on your farm to ensure crops are sited where mold and disease will be minimized.
Volume air flow couldn’t get any easier than this. Simply input the duct shape and dimensions and traverse the Kestrel 5200 across the duct. You’ll get instantaneous and average volume air flow without the need for any geometry or calculations. readings that greatly assist in commissioning and performance balancing HVAC systems. While not a replacement for a balometer, the Kestrel 5200 is far less expensive and can save you time and money. The Kestrel 5200 also offers every commonly-used measurement of moisture content in air, making life easy to determine dehumidification needs.
The Kestrel 4200’s Evaporation Rate calculator allow you to enter the temperature of your concrete mix (from a probe or IR thermometer), then measure conditions at the pour site. The Kestrel 5200 has the American Concrete Institute Evaporation Rate nomograph built in, and displays the Evaporation Rate right on screen with no calculation or error-prone interpolation. With that information in hand, decisions about additives to the mix or curing adjustments can be made, prevent costly plastic shrinkage cracks of the slab. Plus, the Kestrel 5200 allows you to monitor wind-loading on booms and cranes, and even track the heat index on your work site to keep your workers safe.
Pair the Kestrel 5200 with the optional Kestrel Vane Mount for hands-free measurements logged over the course of the day. And for maximum functionality, choose the Kestrel 5200 with LiNK to transmit live measurements to your phone or tablet when you’re within range. The Kestrel LiNK app will provide alerts on your mobile device to let you know when conditions have changed.
If you select the Bluetooth Kestrel LINK model, your meter includes custom communication software designed to quickly and easily configure your data transmission frequency, download logged data, graph data and transfer data to other applications. It is no longer necessary to purchase an interface separately, the new Kestrel Meters with Bluetooth include the software necessary to communicate wirelessly at a range of up to 100 feet with a clear line of site (walls or obstacles will effect this range).
Note, you will need a Dongle to connect with your computer. A workaround if you don't have this with you would be to upload your data to your mobile smartphone and email it to yourself and open it on your Mac/PC. On the 4000 series you did not need the Dongle.
The Kestrel Meter 5200 Weather Meter measures/features
- Evaporation Rate
- Delta T
- Air density
- Relative air density (RAD)
- Pressure trend
- Barometric pressure
- Wet bulb temperature
- Relative humidity in %
- Heat stress index
- Density altitude
- Wind chill
- Air, water, and snow temperature °F or °C
- Current, average, and maximum air velocity
- Waterproof (sealed to IP67 standards) and floats
- Time and date
- Easy- to-read backlit display
- Data Logger (automatic and manual)
- Customizable data storage - 2900 data points
- Minimum, Maximum and Average values
- Multi-Function 3-line display
- Humidity sensor can be recalibrated in the field with our Relative Humidity Calibration Kit.
- Exterior temperature, humidity, and pressure sensors for fast and accurate readings
- Customize screens to display user-selected measurements
- Graph and recall trends
- User-replaceable impeller
- Flip-top impeller cover allows use of other functions while protecting the impeller
- Data charting
- Upload to a computer (with optional interface) Mac or PC
- Works with Android and iPhone Apps!
- Five languages (English, French, Spanish, German, and Italian)
- Rugged (drop tested to MIL-STD-810G standards), waterproof (sealed to IP67 standards) and floats.
- US Patent Nos. 5,783,753 and 5,939,645 and 6,257,074
- Made in the USA
Kestrel LiNK for Windows & Mac
Simple communication to Windows and Mac computers is provided through the optional LiNK .USB Dongle or USB Data Transfer Cable. Download your data to view, analyze and archive. Enables firmware update of Kestrel 5 series meters.
Kestrel LiNK for iOS & Android
Wirelessly connect with iOS and Android devices. When in range, view real-time measurements, receive on-screen alerts and download your data. Logged data can be viewed, analyzed, archived and shared via e-mail, Facebook and Twitter. Enables firmware update of Kestrel 5 series meters. NOTE: Range up to 100’ line of sight – reduced by walls and obstructions.
Kestrel Meter 5200 Includes:
- Neck Lanyard
- AA Lithium Battery (Average Life 400 Hours)
- Protective Drawstring Pouch
- Certificate of Conformity (with complete specifications)
- Instruction Manual
- Five Year Warranty
Models & SKUs:
- Kestrel 5200 Weather Meter (High Viz Green): 0852HVG
- Kestrel 5200 Weather Meter (High Viz Green): 0852LHVG
Kestrel Meter 5200 Additional Information
- Kestrel 5200 (PDF) Quick Start Guide English
- Kestrel 5200 Series (PDF) Certificates of Conformity English
- Kestrel LiNK Bluetooth Apps. Click Here
- iOS 6 installed iPhone 4s, iPad 3rd generation or later
- Dimensions: 5.0 x 1.8 x 1.1 in. / 12.7 x 4.5 x 2.8 cm
- Weight: 3.6 Ounces / 102 Grams
- Model: Kestrel 5200 Professional Environmental Meter: Part # 0852HVG
- Model: Kestrel 5200 Professional Environmental Meter with LiNK, Part # 0852LHVG
- Place of Origin: USA