The Kestrel 2000 Hand Held Weather Meter is capable of measuring both wind speed and temperature. It will capture air temperature or water temperature by simply dipping it in the water at an arms length for 30 seconds. It will NOT get water speed (CFS) in a river.
Thanks to Kestrel's sensitive impeller technology, you get accurate wind speed info. The Kestrel user replaceable impeller makes it easy to replace in seconds if damaged. Like all Kestrel meters, the waterproof casing allows you to gauge the temperature of water and snow, as well as open air. A hard slide-on case, lanyard, and battery are included and the Kestrel 2000's backlight allows you to check the measurements even in the darkness.
The Kestrel 2000 meter takes the minimum amount of data for farmers using Xtendimax and while it's not the best option before you spray, it is the least expensive and does cover the bare minimum requirements.
For more on Dicamba and meter options before you spray, see this page and the compare chart at the bottom.
The Kestrel Meter 2000 Wind Meter Measures
- Current Wind Speed
- Maximum Wind Gust
- Average Wind Speed
- Air, Water & Snow Temperature
- Wind Chill
The Kestrel Meter 2000 Wind Meter Features
- Temperature Sensor (Patented External Isolated)
- Waterproof to IP67 (3'/1M for 30 minutes)
- Data hold function
- User replaceable impeller
- Reliable, portable and easy to use
- Assembled in the USA
- 5 year warranty
Kestrel Meter 2000 Additional Information
- Kestrel 2000 (PDF) Instruction Manual English
- Kestrel Meters Detailed Specs / Certificate of Conformity (All Meters, PDF)
- Kestrel Meters Catalog
- RoHS Compliance
- Dimensions: 4.8 x 1.7 x 0.7 in. / 122 x 42 x 18 mm
- Weight: 2.3 Ounces / 65 Grams
- Model: Kestrel 2000 Part # 0820
- Place of Origin: USA