Bringing Better Accuracy to Long-Range Shooting with Kestrel & Ruger
Kestrel and Ruger joined forces to create the Ruger Kestrel 5700 Ballistics Weather Meter. This is the ideal companion for your Ruger rifle, enhancing your experience and improving accuracy downrange. Best of all, it can get you on your target quickly! You don't need a custom rifle to experience first-round hits at long distance targets. When you're working with the Ruger Kestrel 5700 – you can expect out-of-the-box accuracy for maximum long-range shooting performance.
"The Ruger Kestrel 5700 Ballistics Weather Meter makes a potent ballistic companion for any long-distance shooter, but is especially ideal for those hitting the range with a Ruger rifle. [It's] capable of both measuring a host of onsite atmospherics and generating a ballistic solution using the specifics of the shooter's kit—taking the guesswork out of shooting."
- NRA American Rifleman
Ideal for Long Range Shooting
With variables such as wind speed and wind direction, the odds may feel like they're working against you. By using the Ruger Kestrel 5700 Ballistics Meter, it calculates this information instantly based on your details for your specific rifle and ammo and then updates automatically to account for onsite atmospherics -- allowing you to make quick and precise decisions while out on the range.
Due to its ballistics data, you can easily calculate and aim for your target with more precision.
Essential Ballistics for Long Range Shooting
Even when shooting past 1000 yards, the Ruger Kestrel 5700 doesn't compromise on accuracy. The ballistic calculating abilities account for every known variable along the bullet's flight path:
- Ballistics data table with range
- Wind 1 and Wind 2 direction
- Lead (moving target) direction
- Aerodynamic jump
- Time of flight
- And more
What is Special about the Ruger Kestrel 5700 model?
- Verified Precision -- Ruger & Kestrel engineering teams have performed rigorous field-testing on the extensive library of Ruger rifle and various cartridge combinations for utmost accuracy.
- Pre-loaded Rifle & Bullet Database -- Select from the library of Ruger Precision Rifles & Match Grade ammo options for fast and easy set up accessible with the free LiNK Ballistics app.
- Default Gun in the unit -- If you're shooting with a Ruger Precision Rifle, then getting started is easier than ever. The Ruger 5700 conveniently comes with a default RPR 6.5 Creedmoor Gun Profile pre-loaded in the unit.
Get the Game Before it's Gone
All of the aforementioned elements contribute to accuracy during long-range shooting. A quick and smooth shot within close range can be achieved a lot easier than long-range. With the Ruger Kestrel 5700, a built-in library of pre-measured Ruger rifles and commonly available match-grade ammunition. When a deer jumps out, you won't have to worry about fumbling around unprepared due to a change of elevation or wind speed. This is calculated for you with the Ruger Kestrel 5700.
Studies show that weather and the elements contribute greatly to hunting success, such as barometric pressure temperature, and wind speed affecting whitetail deer. This is the essential device to have on-hand during hunting season, or even simply shooting targets. By staying in-tune to the weather around us, the Ruger Kestrel 5700 brings a full-circle experience for accurate long-range shooting.