Kestrel 4300 Construction Weather Tracker
Free USA Shipping!
Average Review (more below)
$259.00 - $349.00
Kestrel Meter 4300 Construction Weather Meter
Here's a great article discussing Evaporation Rate. Page 4 describes the methodology for the calculations.
Before the introduction of the Kestrel 4300, concrete contractors would employ a Kestrel Meter to measure the surrounding conditions, then calculate the evaporation rate of a pour by referencing the American Concrete Institute (ACI) chart. The new Kestrel 4300 measures the evaporation rate of concrete automatically by calculating the temperature of the concrete (obtained with a concrete thermometer or IR) with the relative humidity, ambient temperature, and wind speed.
It's really that simple and takes seconds to get your evaporation rate. You enter the concrete temperature on the Kestrel 4300. Take a wind speed, the meter allows you to take an average over time. Get a reading of the environmental conditions while its shaded, use a paper, your body, or just a clip board over the unit, so you don't let radiant heat effect the readings.... Then the evaporation rate will be calculated instantly. Its that easy.
The Kestrel 4300's usefulness on a job site is hardly limited to measuring the evaporation rate of concrete or preventing plastic shrinkage: Wind speed functions are invaluable for crane operations; heat index keeps close tabs on working conditions; humidity measurement for paint and drywall; pressure trend can warn of impending storms; the list goes on.
Every 4000 series Kestrel Meter stores thousands of weather data points - tracking minimum, average, and maximum values - and graphs the trends for you.
If you select the 4300 with Bluetooth, it includes custom communication software designed to quickly and easily configure your data transmission frequency, download logged data, graph data and transfer data to other applications. It is not necessary to purchase an interface separately, the new Kestrel Meters with Bluetooth include the software necessary to communicate wirelessly at a range of up to 30-feet.
Be sure to check out the Kestrel Portable Tripod, the perfect companion for the Kestrel 4300. At 15" tall, the tripod positions the 4300 at the recommended 20" above concrete.
The Kestrel Meter 4300 Construction Weather Meter measures/features
- Waterproof and floats
- Backlight for low light conditions
- Data logger (automatic and manual)
- Customizable data storage – 3600 data points
- Multi-Function 3-line display
- Convenient averaging mode
- Data charting
- Humidity sensor can be recalibrated in the field with our Relative Humidity Calibration Kit.
- User-replaceable impeller
- Flip-top impeller cover
- Upload to a computer (with optional interface)
- Five languages (English, French, Spanish, German, and Italian)
- US Patent Nos. 5,783,753 and 5,939,645 and 6,257,074
- Assembled in the USA
Kestrel Meter 4300 Construction Weather Meter Includes
- Soft carry pouch
- Neck lanyard
- Batteries – 2 AAA
Kestrel Meter 4300 Construction Weather Meter Videos
Kestrel Meter 4300 Additional Information
- Kestrel 4300 Instructions (PDF)
- Kestrel Meters Detailed Specs / Certificate of Conformity (All Meters, PDF)
- Kestrel Meters Catalog (PDF)
- Kestrel Communicator Download for Bluetooth Model
- RoHS CERTIFICATE of Compliance
- Dimensions: 5.0 x 1.8 x 1.1 in. / 12.7 x 4.5 x 2.8 cm
- Weight: 3.6 Ounces / 102 Grams
- Place of Origin: USA