Kestrel Meter 4250 Racing Weather Tracker
** Discontinued as of December 1, 2015, the Kestrel 5100 has been released which essentially replaced the 4250. It has the same same functions with some physical and connectivity improvements.
With many Kestrel 4250's on the market and aftermarket, we're leaving this page up to see what the 4250 was all about historically for reference.
Here is a VIDEO showing the 4000 series vs the new 5000 series
Knowing how the weather influences the way a car drives is the first step to optimizing performance. The Kestrel 4250 Racing Weather Tracker is the next generation of weather monitoring. Even slight fluctuations in weather conditions like temperature, humidity, barometric pressure and density altitude can affect your car's performance. Kestrel Weather Meters provide quick, accurate information to help you decide what changes need to be made, before even making a lap around the track or a pass down the drag strip.
The Kestrel 4250 is part of the Kestrel 4000 series, which is now available with Bluetooth Technology. The wireless capabilities allow you to immediately transmit both real-time and logged data automatically to a laptop.
In pits around the country, racers have been trading in their bulky and expensive weather monitoring stations in favor of the portable Kestrel 4000. Now, Kestrel is proud to introduce a unit designed especially for them — the Kestrel 4250 Racing Weather Tracker. A 2000 point data log lets you keep track of the conditions for each race day, and the optional computer interface lets you upload all the data to your PC or laptop — making long-term storage, in-depth analysis, and detailed charting of stored data a breeze.
If you select the Kestrel 4250 with Bluetooth, it is not necessary to purchase an interface separately. The new Kestrel Meters with Bluetooth include the software necessary to communicate wirelessly at a range of up to 30-feet.
The 4250 Racing Weather Tracker measures every environmental condition with unrivaled ease and accuracy — and all in a cell-phone sized package. Temperature, humidity, barometric pressure, and density altitude are all continuously measured, and data is stored either manually or automatically. Portable and easy-to-use, Kestrels give racers and pit crews relevant data to gain that competitive edge at a fraction of the cost of other systems currently on the market.
The Kestrel 4250 features the best portable sensors available, assuring that it's dead-on accurate. Each unit is individually calibrated before it leaves our manufacturing plant, and comes with a certificate of conformity. We even hold four patents on the technology our engineers have developed especially for the Kestrel 4250.
The Kestrel Meter 4250 (Racing) Meter measures/features
- Measures: Wind Speed, Temperature, Relative Humidity, Moisture Content (Grains), Dewpoint, Station Pressure, Barometric Pressure, Air Density, Relative Air Density, Desity Altitude, Altitude
- Air Density range is based on the other 3 sensors and is approximated to 0.0687 lb/ft2 to 0.107 lb/ft2
- Waterproof and floats
- Backlight for low light conditions
- Data logger (automatic and manual)
- Customizable data storage – 3200 data points
- Multi-Function 3-line display
- Convenient averaging mode
- Data charting
- Humidity sensor can be recalibrated in the field with our Relative Humidity Calibration Kit.
- User-replaceable impeller
- Flip-top impeller cover
- Upload to a computer (with optional interface/or BlueTooth Model)
- Five languages (English, French, Spanish, German, and Italian)
- US Patent Nos. 5,783,753 and 5,939,645 and 6,257,074
- Assembled in the USA
The Kestrel Meter 4250 (Racing) Includes
- Soft carry pouch
- Neck lanyard
- Batteries – 2 AAA
*We ship every Kestrel 4000 Series Meter exclusively with Made in the USA Energizer® Brand Ultimate Lithium AAA batteries for improved reliability, capacity, cold-weather performance and weight. We strongly recommend that you use only Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries in your Kestrel Meter. If you choose to install alkaline batteries, we recommend that you do NOT store your Kestrel with these batteries installed, and that you check your batteries for leakage and corrosion a minimum of every 30 days. Damage due to leaking alkaline batteries is not covered under warranty.
Kestrel Meter 4250 Additional Information
- Kestrel 4250 (PDF) Instruction Manual English
- Kestrel Meters Detailed Specs / Certificate of Conformity (All Meters, PDF)
- Kestrel Meters Catalog (PDF)
- Kestrel Communicator Download for Bluetooth Model
- RoHS CERTIFICATE of Compliance
- Dimensions: 5 x 1.8 x 1.1 in. / 127 x 45 x 28 mm
- Weight: 3.6 Ounces / 102 Grams
- Model: Kestrel 4250, Part # 0842R / 0842RB
- Place of Origin: USA