Kestrel 4500NV Horus ATrag Ballistics
Free USA Shipping!
Average Review (more below)
$589.00 was $619.00
Kestrel Meter 4500NV Horus ATrag Ballistics
Pre-programmed Guns: This unit can be used with any combination of scope and reticle, here are several pre-programmed guns that come in each unit:
|Bullet Weight (grains)||190||77||175||150||190||250||750|
|Bore Diameter (inches)||0.308||0.223||0.308||0.308||0.308||0.338||0.500|
|Zero Range (yds)||100||100||100||200||100||300||600|
|Bore Height (inches)||1.90||2.95||1.85||2.25||1.90||2.00||2.50|
|Rifling Twist (inches/revolution)||10.00||7.00||7.00||12.00||10.00||9.00||12.00|
|Rifling Twist Direction||Right||Right||Right||Right||Right||Right||Right|
|*With the exception of New Gun, these can be removed/overwritten with the use of the Gun Loader software distributed by Horus Vision.|
While at home:
- Enter your gun(s) data so it's in the unit. It can store up to 9 rifles at a time.
- Use Google Earth to determine your Latitude of the place where you'll be shooting. Pretty easy if going to a range, and can be adjusted if you are out in the field. Enter this date for "Lat", in the Environment menu.
- Calibrate the Kestrel compass
- Be sure "Auto" is set to Yes in the Environment menu
- Select the Gun
- Enter the Latitude (if you haven't done so already at home)
See the target:
- View your range finder
- Enter the range (meters or yards)
- Enter the declination (this is typically provided by any laser range finder)
What effects the calculation?
Wind speed, wind direction, altitude, humidity, heat index, temperature, and pressure effect the density and viscosity of air. Even slight changes in these parameters can have a big impact down range.
Gun specific Information
- Zero Range (ZR, distance at which target is exactly in cross-hairs)
- Bore Height (BH, center of barrel to center of scope)
- Adjustment Clicks (click, the amount of adjustment of the scope in MOA or MILS, provided by single click of the adjustment knobs)
- Rifling Twist (RT, distance/1 revolution of grooves in the barrel)
- Rifling Twist Direction (RTd, direction of rotation)
- Muzzle Velocity (MV, speed at which bullet leaves the barrel)
- Ballistic Coefficient (BC, drag coefficient of bullet)
- Bullet Weight (BW, weight of bullet measured in grains)
- Bullet Diameter (BD, diameter of the bullet)
- Changing out your guns frequently, as it is quicker and easier to use a computer, but not necessary.
- Using the unit in just 4500 mode to communicate with other ballistic software you have.
- Using the unit as a 4500 weather meter and want BT capability for logging data.
Horus software that comes with the 4500 Atrag Ballistics is the civilian version. The military version of the Horus ATrag Ballistics software is only available via special GSA contract to officials with the correct security clearance. The software that ships with the Kestrel 4500 Horus ATrag is version 4.61. It is possible to upgrade the firmware as new versions become available, however it will need to be returned for firmware updates. Version 3.0 is not upgradable. You can tell which version you have by just turning it on, you cannot tell from the outside of the meter.
Kestrel Meter 4500NV Horus ATrag Ballistics Videos
Kestrel Meter 4500 Additional Information
- The Difference between G1 and G7 Ballistic Coefficients
- Kestrel 4500 A Trag Ballistics Instructions (PDF)
- Kestrel Meters Detailed Specs / Certificate of Conformity (All Meters, PDF)
- Kestrel Meters Catalog (PDF)
- Kestrel Communicator Download for Bluetooth Model
- RoHS CERTIFICATE of Compliance
- Dimensions: 5.0 x 1.8 x 1.1 in. / 12.7 x 4.5 x 2.8 cm
- Weight: 3.6 Ounces / 102 Grams
- Place of Origin: USA
- Horus Ballistics NSN: 6660015951526
- HKinstaller Download Kestrel 4500 A Trag Ballistics Gun Loader Software (access to Horus' library up to 1000 guns and loads)
*We ship every Kestrel 4000 Series Meter exclusively with Made in the USA Energizer® Brand Ultimate Lithium AAA batteries for improved reliability, capacity, cold-weather performance and weight. We strongly recommend that you use only Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries in your Kestrel Meter. If you choose to install alkaline batteries, we recommend that you do NOT store your Kestrel with these batteries installed, and that you check your batteries for leakage and corrosion a minimum of every 30 days. Damage due to leaking alkaline batteries is not covered under warranty.