Kestrel 4500 Weather Meter
Free USA Shipping!
Average Review (more below)
$299.00 - $399.00
Kestrel Meter 4500 Weather Meter
In addition to the Kestrel 4000's extensive list of capabilities, the Kestrel 4500 has these distinct monitoring functions:
- Digital Compass
- Wind Direction
- Headwind / Tailwind
These added features make the 4500 the Kestrel Meter of choice for military professionals, HAZMAT teams, and flight crews. Like all the pocket weather meters in the Kestrel 4000 series, the Kestrel 4500 is capable of storing and charting up to 1400 data points for later analysis.
If you select the Bluetooth model, your meter includes custom communication software designed to quickly and easily configure your data transmission frequency, download logged data, graph data and transfer data to other applications. It is no longer necessary to purchase an interface separately, the new Kestrel Meters with Bluetooth include the software necessary to communicate wirelessly at a range of up to 30-feet.
For military professionals, the Olive Drab NV version of the Kestrel 4500 features a night-vision preserving backlight. The backlight incorporates optical filter to reduce overall brightness and minimize blue and green spectrum light to preserve night vision. (Note: This backlight appears soft greyish pink, not "red", and is still in the visible spectrum, so is not compatible with night-vision equipment.) The NV light is designed for optimal performance in low-light conditions.
Weekend shooters and military snipers alike have been calling for a Kestrel Meter with crosswind calculation for years — and the Kestrel 4500 meets that demand completely. The elite Kestrel 4500 has the most complete list of features in the entire Kestrel Meter family, with the only absent elements being the airflow and humidity ratio measurements available with the Kestrel 4200 Air Flow Tracker.
The Kestrel Meter 4500 Weather Meter measures/features
- Heading (true & magnetic)
- Wind direction
- Pressure trend
- Barometric pressure
- Wet bulb temperature
- Relative humidity in %
- Heat stress index
- Density altitude
- Wind chill
- Air, water, and snow temperature °F or °C
- Current, average, and maximum air velocity
- Waterproof and floats
- Time and date
- Easy- to-read backlit display
- Data Logger (automatic and manual)
- Customizable data storage - 2900 data points
- Minimum, Maximum and Average values
- Multi-Function 3-line display
- Humidity sensor can be recalibrated in the field with our Relative Humidity Calibration Kit.
- Exterior temperature, humidity, and pressure sensors for fast and accurate readings
- Customize screens to display user-selected measurements
- Graph and recall trends
- User-replaceable impeller
- Flip-top impeller cover allows use of other functions while protecting the impeller
- Data charting
- Upload to a computer (with optional interface)
- Five languages (English, French, Spanish, German, and Italian)
- US Patent Nos. 5,783,753 and 5,939,645 and 6,257,074
- Assembled in the USA
Kestrel Meter 4500 Includes
- Soft carry pouch
- Neck lanyard
- Batteries - 2 AAA*
Kestrel Meter 4500 Videos
Kestrel Meter 4500 Additional Information
- Kestrel 4500 (PDF) Instruction Manual English | French | Spanish | German | Italian
- Kestrel Meters Detailed Specs / Certificate of Conformity (All Meters, PDF)
- Kestrel Meters Catalog (PDF)
- Kestrel Communicator Download for Bluetooth Model
- RoHS CERTIFICATE of Compliance
- Dimensions: 5.0 x 1.8 x 1.1 in. / 12.7 x 4.5 x 2.8 cm
- Weight: 3.6 Ounces / 102 Grams
- Place of Origin: USA
*We ship every Kestrel 4000 Series Meter exclusively with Made in the USA Energizer® Brand Ultimate Lithium AAA batteries for improved reliability, capacity, cold-weather performance and weight. We strongly recommend that you use only Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries in your Kestrel Meter. If you choose to install alkaline batteries, we recommend that you do NOT store your Kestrel with these batteries installed, and that you check your batteries for leakage and corrosion a minimum of every 30 days. Damage due to leaking alkaline batteries is not covered under warranty.